Happy birthday Bilbo

Sunday, April 5th, 2009

After five months of development, we are happy to bring you a new, feature-riched blogging client, Bilbo Blogger 0.9 codenamed “Bag End“.

Inside Bag End by John Howe.

It currently featured:

• A full featured WYSIWYG editor + A simple HTML editor
  • Post Preview (fetching blog style and show post natively on your blog).
  • Support for Blogger1.0, MetaWeblog, MovableType (WordPress supports All of these!) and Google GData (used on Blogspot blogs) APIs!
  • Support for Creating/Modifying/Deleting posts.
  • Support for creating drafts and scheduled posts!
  • Support for uploading media files to your blog. (Currently just MetaWeblog and MovableType APIs support this function)
  • Support for Fetching your recent blog entries.
  • Support for adding Images to post from your system. It will upload them before submitting post to blog.
  • Support for storing local entries.
  • Saving your writing copy at configurable intervals to prevent data loss.
  • Internal auto spell checker. (Using default KDE spell checker, so most of languages are supported)

ScreenShot

Bilbo Blogger

You can see more screenshots from bilbo here.

Download and Install

Get the source package here, Instruction to build and install is already at README file.

Or choose a package suitable for your OS at Download page (More binaries will be available soon).

Contribute, Bug report, or Want help

We have a forum here, that you can talk about any Bilbo related topic, as well as want help for installing/using/… Bilbo.

And even you can help us to improve it in many ways.

We are using Launchpad.net service for tracking Bug reports / Features request, and for Translation/Localization.

Try Bilbo and enjoy blogging! And, Of course, Let us know about your opinion. :)

1. #1 by melayubuntu - April 6th, 2009 at 18:09

great app for blogger like me…
    i’ll try this out and then review in my blog!

2. #2 by Paulo Dias - April 7th, 2009 at 16:08

Great app, a fan already. Did the build for jaunty from latest git. Cant wait for more features (like auto adding youtube movies to wordpress ) .

best regards.

3. #3 by mehrdad - April 7th, 2009 at 18:54

Paulo Dias :

best regards.

You can do this right now by adding a text like this to post:
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgEmZ39EtFk]

4. #4 by Linuxcomics - April 8th, 2009 at 18:46

Thanks to Bilbo developers for such a great work.
    I have already compiled it on Pardus (http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/) and it works very well with my WordPress blog.
    The only problem I have encountered was with picture parameters such as caption id=”attachment_…….” & img class=”size-medium wp-image-……”. I don’t see exactly how to configure them in Bilbo.

Best regards.

5. #5 by mehrdad - April 8th, 2009 at 19:05

Linuxcomics :

Thanks to Bilbo developers for such a great work.

Best regards.

These syntaxes are wordpress specific and not global.
    BTW, It seems that the syntax is easy to learn! you can add it to post manually.

6. #6 by Linuxcomics - April 8th, 2009 at 19:54

Actually, that’s what I do.

Best regards.

7. #7 by amin - April 13th, 2009 at 04:20

Is Bilbo blogger compatible with Windows OS?

8. #8 by mehrdad - April 14th, 2009 at 08:52

It should!
    But wasn’t test yet.

9. #9 by เสื้อผ้าแฟชั่น - October 5th, 2009 at 04:12

hello friends.
    I ask one question.
    bilbo is free app or no ?

10. #10 by mehrdad - October 5th, 2009 at 09:51

It’s free as Freedom! ;)

11. #11 by swantonsuccess by six - October 7th, 2009 at 22:44

bilbo is free app! great app for blogger like me…
    i’ll try this out and then review in my blog!

12. #12 by ทำบุญวันเกิด - October 14th, 2009 at 09:03

Paulo Dias :
    best regards.

Very Agree!

13. #13 by Edmonton Real Estate - April 16th, 2011 at 20:12

We’ve been using B.Blogger in our real estate website for a while, fantastic plugin! Are there any other tools you recommend that work well with it?

~Dexx

14. #14 by The Software Doc - April 20th, 2011 at 00:40

Too bad you had to change the name. Bilbo Blogger was so much more catchy!

15. #15 by Rita das - April 21st, 2011 at 18:07

Downloaded and integrated with my blogs. Finding problem in right alignment of the pictures. Not sure why…..any idea
    Arindam
    My Blog:best coffee maker

16. #16 by Justin - April 24th, 2011 at 05:20

Bilbo blogger is a feature packed app. Everything is so accessible and easy-to-use. Thanks for the updates guys. Like Dexx, just wondering if there is any more tools that work well with this?

17. #17 by mehrdad - April 24th, 2011 at 05:36

try version 1.1 (not released yet, you should get it from git)

18. #18 by George - May 24th, 2011 at 16:21

“I tried to install bilbo on another computer with a fresh install of Kubuntu 9.04 RC. I still can’t add my blog. I even created another blogspot blog with another gmail account but I can’t add the new one either. Bilbo faced the same problem on my laptop too. Please provide me a solution to this problem?
    I’m going to test it on ubuntu 8.10 next.

19. #19 by Lorna - June 3rd, 2011 at 12:34

Hey this looks like a great app, can you tell me if there is one that is compatible with mac os x?

As an aside, I have to say I love the code name, really quite witty…

20. #20 by Mina - June 15th, 2011 at 04:51

Ohhhh!!!!! I’m excited to make use of this already! thanks for sharing! and i’ll have to agree with Lorna, the code name is indeed witty! :P

Comments are closed.