Blogilo 1.0.1, the first release with KDE project

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010

With release of KDE SC 4.4.0, The Blogilo team is proud to announce the next release in 1.x series, Blogilo 1.0.1. This is also the first release with new name!

What’s new in this version?

Blogilo 1.0.1 includes two new features and some bug fixes:

• A button added to the main toolbar to open the currently selected blog in the default browser.
  • Support of <pre> tags added to the post editor.
  • A crash fixed which happened when user requested to keep the post open, after submit.
  • and some other fixes…

Download Blogilo:

As Blogilo is a part of KDE now, you can get it from kde download mirrors (kdepim section).
And you can access latest bug fixes from 4.4 branch at KDE svn repository. See Download page for more information.

Need help?

If you have any question about blogilo, There are wiki pages and forum to help you, And also a handbook on KDE documentation website!

Feel free to contribute!

There are many ways to contribute! you can report bugs, donate, help others in the forum, and more…

1. #1 by Cahya - March 6th, 2010 at 13:54

I just installed Bilbo Blogger on OpenSuSE 11.2 (KDE 4.4.1) using YaST. The installation was successful, but I found a issue when try to configure my blog… it said:

The API guess function has failed, please check your Internet connection. Otherwise, you have to set the API type manually on the Advanced tab.

It should be automatic since I use self-hosted wordpress blog. Where I can help(s) about this issue?

Thanks.

2. #2 by mehrdad - March 23rd, 2010 at 14:22

If its self hosted wordpress, then you can select wordpress for api type and 1 for blogId!
    and add an xmlrpc.php after the blog address! (try open that Address and check if its ok!)

3. #3 by Carlos “Kadu” Eduardo - April 15th, 2010 at 05:22

I liked Blogilo as a blog client, however, some functions could be addicted on new releases, they are:

* Real-time image scaling
    * Fix the typing screen (in visual editor) as the blog reading space
    * Give the option to upload images to others image hosting services, as Picasaweb or Imagehost.

That’s all, folks!

4. #4 by Jim - April 19th, 2011 at 14:28

I`ve been thinking about using Blogilo on a new system do you guys think its a better than running Windows Live Writer ? And is Blogilo 1.0.1 the latest and best download ?
    Thanks for any advice, Jim

5. #5 by Immunization Schedule - May 16th, 2011 at 06:47

Blogilo 1.0.1 is still one of the advance version of blog client around. It have functions in which other blog writer do not have. I’m still waiting for the new client to be ready or release as it have being a while since they release an update.

6. #6 by Mike - June 3rd, 2011 at 15:20

@Jim
    In my personal opinion, Blogilo is a whole lot better than Windows Live Writer.

7. #7 by Abraham - June 5th, 2011 at 12:26

Your best bet to find a solution would be official WordPress support forum at WordPress.org

Cahya :

Thanks.

8. #8 by Adam - September 7th, 2011 at 14:15

I plaid with the release and I didn’t it, even found few bugs which I hope they will fix soon…

9. #9 by ThomasTrumen - September 16th, 2011 at 00:42

Adam i am using Blogilo and it seems fine to me. I ran into a minor problem with it but then it worked fine once i re installed it.

@ Carlos (comment 3)

I feel the same way. Its a great tool but it needs to have a few more features. Blogilo could definitely use the features you were talking about. They should work on the typing screen and add a real time image scaling.

10. #10 by Biffster - November 19th, 2012 at 17:49

Has this project been abandoned?

11. #11 by aw - December 14th, 2013 at 09:16

Has anyone looked at the code that this programme outputs?

It is completely and utterly (literally) worthless. Sorry, but who thought that is was a good idea to wrap every post in html and body tags, not use paragraph tags but to wrap the paragraphs in div tags?

Then, if you change the style it throws in font tags (wtf!?!?).

I haven’t tried anything else with this programme since it produces such unusable (and frankly embarrassing) nonsense.

As Biffster wonders, this seems to be an abandoned project. It really ought to be removed from KDE for the time being as an utter embarassment.

Comments are closed.